|Prayers for Parishes|
|Town Hall - Facts|
|Saints of the Day|
|Our Parish Council|
|Parish Life |
|Central Texas Churches|
Good Work Opportunities at St. Elias:
Good Works and Almsgiving are an important part of our lives as Orthodox Christians, both during Great Lent and throughout the year. Here are some opportunities for you to feed the hungry, clothe the naked and serve our Lord through the least of his brethren.
Cans and Cash Cans for Caritas
We will be collecting canned food for Caritas during Great Lent. Bring non-perishable canned and boxed food with you to Church. We’ll gather it and deliver it to Caritas to help those in need have food. While you’re at it, take an empty can and wrap it with a piece of paper with CARITAS on it. Make your own Cash Can for Caritas and collect money along with your cans for the needy in Austin.
Food for Hungry People and OCMC Boxes
We have boxes for the Food for Hungry People program run by the Fellowship of St. John the Divine. These funds help those in need throughout the world. We also have boxes for the Orthodox Christian Mission Center helping Orthodox missionaries throughout the world.
Helping some of our newest members
We are blessed to have several new members of St. Elias who have recently immigrated from Eritrea. There are a variety of ways that we can help them get a start:
- Leads or contacts to help them find entry level jobs
- Furniture (they don’t have anything to start a household)
- Bedding: good used bedding (mattresses, sheets, pillows, etc.)
Thanks to all those who have helped—and to those who will be helping.
Meals for Caritas
We are helping the homeless and needy in our community by providing meals for Caritas. Caritas feeds 300-350 people in need Monday-Friday of every week. Our community provides a meal for 100 on the first Monday of each month.
How can you be involved? We need the following:
- A monthly sponsor(s) for each meal who will donate $100 to cover the cost of the food
- A small team of helpers each month that will do prep the Sunday afternoon before the meal—Next Opportunity: Sunday, March 4
- 2 helpers on the Monday we provide food to cook and deliver the prepped food (8am-11am)—Next Opportunity: Monday, March 5
How do you want to help? Contact Kh. Luanne Barr for more information and look for sign up sheets in the Fellowship Hall.